Stor-Guard Introduces Patented Wireless Security & Over-Locking System
KENT, Wash. April 20, 2016—Stor-Guard, LLC is unveiling a patented wireless security and over-locking system at the Inside Self Storage World Expo on April 26 and 27 in Las Vegas. The new Smartlok Solutions give self-storage managers an easy way to monitor unit activity and control over-locking using PC or smartphone technology.
Smartlok Solutions include the Smartlok Smart-Latch Series and Smartlok Latch-Defender. The Smartlok Solutions have earned Stor-Guard three patents for self-storage over-locking, according to President John Wollam.
The Smartlok Smart-Latch Series has a unique design that’s a security system with over-locking functions that prevent unauthorized entry to the unit. Smart-Latch contains a sophisticated detector that can sense if a burglar attempts to enter into a unit through the wall or roof and alerts the facility office. It’s the first lock of its kind in the industry, Wollam said.
Smart-Latch also allows tenants the added security of using their own barrel or standard locks.
The Smartlok Latch-Defender is an easy way to add security to a facility, and can be used to over-lock delinquent tenants’ access to their unit.
Both products can be used to retrofit existing products or in new facilities to present a high-end, secure appearance.
“An integral part of Smartlok Solutions are available Smartphone apps that give the self-storage owner and manager complete control of the facility’s security,” Wollam said. “In addition, tenants can monitor the status of their units and open the gate with Stor-Guard’s virtual keypad.”
Each Smartlok product has a built-in door alarm, shock sensor, and heat detector. Each lock features a shock sensor to detect if a burglar attempts to tamper with the lock or door and sounds an alarm. For added security and safety, a heat detector notifies the manager if the lock temperature exceeds 135oF. Stor-Guard, LLC • 1819 Central Ave. So. Unit #66 • Kent, Washington 98032 • (800) 651-3129 • john@Stor-Guard.com
Smartlok products interface with all major self-storage software management systems, giving the manager the ability to monitor and control security right in the office or remotely with mobile devices.
Smartlok Wireless offers several advantages over traditional hard-wired over-lock systems and competing wireless door alarms. Stor-Guard outlined these differences among the locking systems:
• Lock installation with Smartlok Wireless takes only one to five minutes per door. Hardwired over-lock systems take 45 to 60 minutes per door while other wireless door alarms require five to 10 minutes.
• Lock/sensor maintenance with Smartlok Wireless offers easy access from outside the unit for any lock servicing. Hardwired over-lock systems require access to the tenant’s unit and wireless alarms require a ladder for access.
• Smartlok’s over-lock and unit disarm functions are activated at the door with the built-in keypad and auto relocks after 30 seconds. Hardwired over-lock systems require entry and exit keypads while other wireless systems don’t have over-locking capabilities or built-in door alarms.
• The Smart-Latch has added protection with the built-in motion detector to detect entry from another unit or roof. Competing systems don’t have this feature.
• Smartlok has a built-in shock sensor to detect cutting through the door. Competing systems do not have this feature.
• Smartlok has a built-in heat detector to monitor environmental conditions. Competing systems don’t have this feature.
• Smartlok has a built-in battery backup, works when there is no power onsite. Competing systems offer this feature as an option.
Wollam said the price for parts and labor for Smartlok is significantly less expensive than hardwired over-lock systems.
The products are now in beta testing with an expected release later this summer. Product demonstrations are available at Booth No. 427 at ISS World Expo at the Paris Hotel & Resort in Las Vegas. To view Stor-Guard’s full product line, visit www.stor-guard.com. About Stor-Guard
Stor-Guard is a full service integration and manufacturing firm based in the Seattle area. Stor-Guard specializes in design, manufacturing, installation, and service of security and access control systems for the self-storage industry. The company’s products include electronic gates and access control, intrusion/perimeter protection, and video surveillance systems.